What is SACE-USA
SACE (Study Abroad Cultural Exchange)-USA is a host family program that places Korean students in Christian schools to impact the students' lives for Jesus Christ. It provides a link between Korean students, Christian schools, and their families. There are currently 5 Christian schools partnered with SACE-USA.
- To impact Korean students' lives for Christ.
- To partner with schools and families in order to foster international understanding and global awareness.
- To promote deeper insight of diverse cultures within the school community.
- To create life long relationships.
"When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God." -NIV
- The Korean students' experience is one that will immerse them in the lives, culture, and community of a family.
- Korean students will become more fluent in English.
- Of course, international students are not the only ones who benefit. The inherent rewards of international friendships to the American family and their children are many.
- Host families, in turn, are given the opportunity to widen their knowledge of the world through encountering the Korean way of life.
- Savoring variety in God's world in this way will improve the way we interact with other people from different backgrounds and culture; thus Christians are better equipped to communicate the gospel, even in their own multi-ethnic community.
- The interchange between Korean students and host families will unquestionably forge life-long friendships.
- Living with a host family enables Korean students to experience our American holidays, daily household activities, community social customs, and Christian values.
- The sustained, deepening friendship of a host family has incredible evangelistic power because it is so uniquely different from our American culture in general, and because it affords time for the Gospel to be seen and understood in a relationship.